Smile Islam Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help me with Great Room speaker placement.

Go down

Please help me with Great Room speaker placement. Empty Please help me with Great Room speaker placement.

Post  martin2020 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:42 am

We are working on purchasing a new house with a "great room" style family room. I am looking for some help or ideas on how and where to put speakers.

My limitations:

1. WAF
2. newborn baby's room is on the other side of the wall to the left of the stairs
3. WAF
4. I don't really like the look of speakers hanging on the wall
5. I don't want the rear surround to overpower the front channels when standing in the kitchen area
6. in case it was somehow over looked, WAF!

I am not looking for 9.1 perfection, 5.1 is sufficient but will consider 2.1 if I have to. Really anything better than the built in TV speakers Use will be mostly family TV/sports/movies. In our current house the rooms are rectangular with flat ceilings. LCD is wall mounted, C is in the media stand, L/R are floor standing Polks and surrounds are in celing Polks. It sounds pretty good for a budget system. I have attached two pics from the property listing. The room arrangement will probably be similar to what is shown unless my wife tells me otherwise. The room is approximately 21'x16'x however high the ceiling is.

-----------------------------
Cheap Web Design

martin2020

Back to top Go down